Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Introducing......

My newest featured artist interview is here!!

I'm very pleased to introduce you to "WIGGLE"!! Her things are really cool I especially LOVE this blue necklace!!

Here is her Etsy Shop: http://www.wiggle.etsy.com
Her blog is here: http://wigglejewellery.wordpress.com
Her twitter is @wigglejewellery.

In her words:
I describe myself as making funky, colorful and handmade jewelery, which may be chainmaille, beads, wire or a mix.





Do you have a Favorite color?

My favourite colour on its own is turquoise, but I'm also loving the combo of teal and pistachio green at the moment.


What would you say is your Favorite smell?


My elderberry perfume oil.




What would be your Favorite place to live?


I'd love to live in Barcelona; I've visited it several times and it just seems so bright and vibrant, the people are really friendly, and it's full of great art and architecture. The buildings designed by Gaudi especially fascinate me.


All time top 5 Favorite songs?

1. Wondering Where the Lions Are by Donavon Frankenreiter
2. Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap
3. Colorblind by Counting Crows
4. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
5. A Dustland Fairytale by The Killers


What are your top 5 favorite movies?

1. Dirty Dancing
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Serenity
4. The Princess Bride
5. Star Wars episodes 4, 5 and 6. Trilogies count as one, right? :)





How do you enjoy spending your time?

Apart from making jewellery, I also make cards and read, particularly sci-fi and fantasy. I'm slowly crocheting granny squares to eventually make a blanket, and I'm having a go at weaving at the moment, on a kid's loom I got cheap on eBay. It fascinates me and has such a history behind it, which I'm enjoying learning along with how to weave.


What is your favorite piece from your shop?

This is a hard question, and the answer often changes each time I make a new piece. At the moment it's probably my Butterfly copper charm necklace.




Why?

I love copper, especially the warm colour of aged copper, and the butterfly charms are really cute. The green brings a touch of colour to it, and I think it's one of the most feminine and flirty pieces currently in my shop. And musical--the charms all chime tgether as it moves :)



What is your Favorite Etsy shop?

Another tough question! Picking just one of the amazing lampwork artists, ceramic artists or fellow jewellery-makers is difficult, so I'm going to be a bit partisan and choose Rhubarb http://fliss1984.etsy.com.



Why?

She makes gorgeous jewellery and I love her tidal range in particular. Her jewellery is unique and elegant, and very feminine. She's also a good friend of mine in RL and we share a table at craft fairs.

I want to thank Wiggle for her interview and hope you all stop by her shop to see more of her wonderful items!

Peace,
Jessica
CrazyDaisiesDesigns

2 comments: